echinodorus rose flowers never open

fleshgear

i have a large echinodorus rose that has put out many runners and it puts out the flowers and they extend about an inch off of the stem. but they have never opened for me.

Do you let the runner come up out of the water?

It won't flower unless it is above water.

If that's not it I'm sure Werner will be able to tell us.

i use pps pro, however i do think it does have a nutrient deficiency because of all of the holes in the leaves. or it is the clown loach.

it has two spike now. and the second spike branched so it has three on it

I have found that if the humidity is too low, the stalk dries out and doesn't bloom. I always had the best results when I had a Canopy that has about 4" of clearance over the tank.

it doesnt dry out. the tank is sealed as best as i can. i did this a few months ago. had too much humidity in the house. and this was one of the tanks that was loosing a lot of water ever week. now that i sealed it better i dont have water loss. so the humidity is high inside the tank. there is a lot of condensation on the top.

how long does it take to open? i see lots of pics where the tanks have no lids at all and the spike just grows past the light and opens.

my flowers look ready to open, they always look ready to open but then never do.