Bumble bee Shrimp Berried!

Wingin' It

So I was making my rounds last night before bed...checking on who's carrying, who's laid eggs, checking on existing fry...and I come to the Shrimp tank! I have a big female who's berried! Yay! I usually have really bad luck with shrimp, but these ones are thriving and obviously they're gettin' it on! SWEET!

So...When are these eggs going to hatch? Anyone know? :smokey:

hahaha...I think they enjoy watching the Olympics! That's the only thing I can think of! :smokey:

They're in a 10 gallon lightly planted tank...standard aquarium lighting, driftwood and temp is at about 74F. I had some guppy fry in the tank, but have since decided that for now i'd take out all but 3 of the fry. Feeding them the occasional algae wafer, some fry food and sometimes flake food. Go figure! But i'm happy that they're so happy!! lol

hummm...water conditions...actually, I have no idea. I'm kinda like fishclubgirl in that I just 'eyeball' it. It's a VERY established tank though, and the last things to die in there were the pest snails that the assassins eat.

Just for you though, i'll dig out my test kits and test the water. ;)

Ph: 7.0

Nitrate (NO3): 5 (maybe 4)

Nitrite (NO2): 0.1

Ammonia (NH3): 0.6

I'm not in the know about all these numbers, but as long as it's working, i'm happy. :)

Not sure how old the test kit is, I got them last year some time...but I almost never use them. I also don't do very many water changes to the tank, though I did one after I did that test 'cause I didn't think I was supposed to have nitrates, and then the rest is jibberish to me. All I know is the plants grow well in there and the shrimp seem happy...lol

Hopefully i'll have shrimplets in a few weeks...probably not, but stranger things have happened...lol