BN Pleco

Raven

Been looking into BN (bristle/bushy nose) plecos once again. I owned one way back when that i bought of a guy that out bid me on a bunch at an auction years ago. Her name was Spike and she was awesome. She was around 3 inches, if not less. Was that a normal size or was she a dwarf? What are the chances of seeing them at the show? Would plecos labeled bushy nose plecos at the pet store stay small? and would it be ok to put it with Kribs?

Bushynose and Bristlenose are the same fish (usually) - just different trade names. I can guarantee that there will be BN plecos at the next auction; even if I don't bring a couple, I know several others will.

Yes, they stay relatively small. The largest one I ever owned was about 4 1/2 inches. The ones I have currently are about 3" and they have been that size for about 1.5 years.

I have a 6 year old female albino BN that is about 2.5 to 3 inches body length and total length is about 5.5 inches. I've also kept BN plecos with pretty much everything. I even had 2 juvi queen arabesque 1.5 inches long in with africans for a year and a half. I have them in my planted tank now and they are about 3.5 inches in length.

40? wow. Maybe i should just get one off you in a month or so. If BN plecos at the show are being fought over, when i got Spike that year all the plecos went pretty high.

O.o i only need 1-2. Maybe i can split a bag with some one? That can sex them and tell me if i have a boy and a girl?? lol

• 4 weeks later...

i got a bushy nose Pleco now and another user told me it was a silver tip. I have no idea what that means but i'd like more info on the special morphs of BN plecos.