Leon caliedescope the laid back lizard

Oxquo

I have one but it's a little fuzzy, he isn't really skittish but I'm gonna give him a week before any handling, so I can't get him out for a photo, the little bugger can move pretty good so I don't know how hard it would be to catch him yet. lol.

post-34-1115109189

Honestly, I am not a big reptile fan myself. Kinda like with fish though, some grow on you. The males are so pretty I couldn't resist. I had a hard time getting use to lizards but now I love watching him. The best way to get to like lizards is to look at baby photo's as with any animal. Even with fish, a baby Dovii is so cute and innocent , the adults well, they can send a shiver down your spine much like jaws.lol. Looking at baby gecko's and their poo eating grins, I'd say this won't be the last lizard for me. Over-all though, Owning one is learning and it's hard to sell supplies without using them and researching them more intensly. He will likely be the Embassador of the bug farm since it was mostly due to him that we realised the need for bugs in the area. Aside from that, watching him stalk a fly made the old lady a fan of his so i think he's here to stay.

Interesting but not suprising, the wholesaler we get our stuff from is questionable at best most times and though we have found a new distributor, I still want more of these guys. Will this one still get the wicked coloring? He is getting very blue from his tail up to just past his hind legs, and it looks like a little orange under his neck. still can't pick him up as he is quick like a bunny and hops high enough to get away when the lid is off. I definitely want more of these guys or I should say ladies. I wonder how many of their reptiles aren't what they really are labelled as. I have found many screw ups in the fish so far which is why we are changing distributors but would have never caught the lizard thing, thanks for noticing.

Most of the pictures I see on ameiva quadrilineata have no color at all, yet the skin tone and shape is bang on. Why would Leon's tail be so blue and pretty, could he be a freakish cross or is that even possible? I see the lines, and the head shape but why so much blue in his tail? Or is this normal in some ameiva quadrilineata?