Pond Pleco?

Gman44

Hello,

I'm planning to place a Med-Lg Pleco in my pond this spring/summer season. My pond is only 75G...not that big at all.

Just want to keep the algae under control. I've been told that just as long as the water temp doesn't drop below 10C/50F...should be ok?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Pond Rookie

I would probably wait until mid-june, and take it out around mid-sept. I think earlier and later will be chancing it.

• 1 month later...

so far my pleco has been in for about 2 weeks now...yes it has been cold, have the pond covered with a heater, over night & days like today.

but it has been doing it's little job in controlling the algae, you can see it's track marks. should be huge be the end of summer fall?

• 2 weeks later...

thinking about lending my neighbour one of my bristlenose plecos for his pond for the summer. lots of good hiding places and its about 2.5' deep in the center.

Will probably put the pleco in the pond on the may 24th and let him stay untill night time highs are 13 C.

I just gave one of my clients from work a large pleco for his outdoor Koi pond, it it is summer weather so I think it will be fine right? Anyway I was planning to phone him tomorrow and see how the pleco is doing

Yeah, right after he brought it home it got chilly, I hope he got my message to keep it inside till its warm again

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...