a true community tank

thefishdude

My plans are to put together a true community tank

I'm not sure what the proper name is but I would like to try a "half above water - half below water" tank. My hopes are to find a gecko or something of the sort (like I say - still in the information gathering stage) that could happily live both above the water as well as below water level. I picture a terraced look with an overhang of rock that I could build out of foam and sealant. The hardest part that I have found so far is getting info on a wet/dry inhabitant. I'm also hoping to have a small stock of community fish in the water for interest.

Does anyone have any experience / knowledge / or information on this type of setup as well as an inhabitant that looks cool and would survive in the wet/dry environment?

any info would be greatly appreciated

:)

Those are called PALUDARIUMS... type that into google and you should come up with a ton of info. :)

Some reptiles do well in such a set-upo...day geckos, house geckos, small anole species, etc....as far as amphibia go, many smaller frog species are excellent choices for such an environment, and some newt and salamander species go well, too.