Maxi Jet 1200

ryukin81

hi guys, i just had 2 of my maxi jets 1200 crap out on me. made by Marineland. the unit itself is fine, but the plastic propeller would crack and cause a whole lot of noise. i already replaced one of the parts and its been only 2 months and now its broken. i bought 2 other units for my other tank and now they are cracked as well after 5 months. Anyone else with similar issues? FYI i use them for Under gravel jets but i don't think this type of application makes it fail. i'm starting to think they make these propellers out of doo doo on purpose to make money on the replacement parts.

I am running three 1200's for undergravel jets and I have had one impeller fail. This was after about three years in service. I do agree that they are not very strong. And to buy a new impeller is not cheap. I usually wait for the Boxing Day sales, and pick up a couple new units for close to the same price.

hi guys, i just had 2 of my maxi jets 1200 crap out on me. made by Marineland. the unit itself is fine, but the plastic propeller would crack and cause a whole lot of noise. i already replaced one of the parts and its been only 2 months and now its broken. i bought 2 other units for my other tank and now they are cracked as well after 5 months. Anyone else with similar issues? FYI i use them for Under gravel jets but i don't think this type of application makes it fail. i'm starting to think they make these propellers out of doo doo on purpose to make money on the replacement parts.

Are you using sand as a substrate?

My bet is that you have substrate getting in to the impeller causing your problem.

Use a pre-filter and you should be fine.

Are you using sand as a substrate?

My bet is that you have substrate getting in to the impeller causing your problem.

Use a pre-filter and you should be fine.

the pumps are attached to the PVC pipes with an adapter. all the pumps have a foam sponge attached. one tank has gravel and the other has sand. they work great but don't seem to last long. i guess i need to thoroughly clean them out each water change to prevent damage