Dont really know where to put this?!

fatpuffer

Hello all. I have been searching for quite a while now for discomed...i used to use it for internal parasite. But after few months and lots of internet searches, nothing!!

Does anybody know any store that still sells it? there is a discus de-wormer from big al's, but did not see the active ingredients...anybody know what is the active ingredient (it is similar to discomed package but all black).

i am looking for meds with praziquantel or levamisole in them. I saw some medicated flakes from petsmart, so another question is : can i crush the flakes and soak my food ? would that work?

btw it is for a milk spotted puffer (c. patoca), but other forum said it is a t. oblongus, anyways it is highly brac to marine fish...currently apprx. 1 inch in fw. dr. ebert (puff book) stated they do well in fw as juvies and just increase the salinity as they get older.

i am so sorry for the long post....

thanx in advance...js

edit: he or she is a recent purchase ( couple days or so) and the tummy goes flat pretty fast and this would be a prophylactic measure since i am not positive of parasite yet.

THANKSTHANKSTHANKSTHANKSTHANKSTHANKSTHANKSTHANKSTHANKSTHANKS

Edited by fatpuffer

Not sure what it was... i started searching for it as well. discomed is medicated food... not a bad idea.

Unfortunatly my search came up empty on where to find it for purchase.

there are a bunch of threads on Cichlid-Forum like this one:

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtop...hlight=discomed

if you look at the guys profile he is from Ireland...

my guess is that you may have to look over seas.......

A posted a the same question on CF to see if anyone may reply on where to find it.

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtop...p=487264#487264

I hope this is a help!

nevchewy

Thanks NEV!

discomed is actually in a capsule for and you can break the capsule to get the powder inside...put some of the powder in a bit of water and soak your food and feed...

well, my puffers seems to be putting on some weight...he does not look so skinny anymore. but if anybody out there finds some discomed, praziquantel, levamisole please pm me or tell us here in the forum.

i will be taking my cat to the vet soon, so i will ask the vet how much prazi are.

thanks again....js

ocains aquarium has discomed for 3 bucks, dont by them uot though i need to some more

sadly you are outta luck - rumor is that the manufacturing company went under & Discomed is no longer available (also numerous other meds from the same company).

Jungle labs has Anti-Pararsite & Anti-Bacterial foods on the market with good ingredient lists.

Discomed was a combination med & most effective ingredients were likely the levamisol & neomycin sulfate (at least I think that was the antibiotic used, it's been awhile). You can order both of these independently.

What are you looking to treat?

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/viewtop...p=487264#487264

looks like bad news...

nevchewy

Recently I have used Prazipro in the liquid form to treat both worms and gill flukes. It has been much more effective than other capsule meds I have used before. It can be purchased at Riverfront and Pisces.

Kevin :drunk: