DIY Driftwood

Anyone ever done the DIY (Do it Yourself) driftwood for your tank? I have a 210 gallon, and want to create a large centerpiece driftwood for the tank - been having a real hard time finding a large piece in any of the stores. I have read a fair bit online about how to prepare the wood, and what types of woods can / should / should not be used....where I am stuck is finding / where to find the perfect piece - anyone in the Edmonton area have any pointers or experience to relate ?

They're a company - whenver you see someone organizing a Spencer Jack order, that's Afishionados. You can also try down by the river, or out in the woods. I've collected lots of different pieces from rivers, lakes and seashores over the years. I usually baked them and/or strong brine for a couple weeks.

doesn't patrick at www.gillsnfins.com have some? he lives out by millet, not far from here......he had lovely stuff last time i was at his place picking up fish..........if i wrote his website wrong, he advertises here on the top of this forum page......