Silicone Wait Time Please ?

LadyBlue

Could someone please tell me some information on Silcone {Aquarium Safe}.... After use, How long should I wait to put crafts safely back into the fish aquarium after the use of Silicone on projects ? Should I soak them in water buckets before putting them back into the fish aquarium ? And any other information involveing projects made useing Silicone ? Thanking You In Advance ... ......Linda.....

:thumbs: Thank-You Both ..... and Oh Yes ..... I am still playing around with the damn Silicone and makeing big "Messes" { the damn stuff sticks to everything except where I want it } ..... LOL

Could someone please tell me some information on Silcone {Aquarium Safe}.... After use, How long should I wait to put crafts safely back into the fish aquarium after the use of Silicone on projects ? Should I soak them in water buckets before putting them back into the fish aquarium ? And any other information involveing projects made useing Silicone ? Thanking You In Advance ... ......Linda.....

silicone cures after about 24 hours at room temperature but we build tanks and tell our customers to wait at least 72 hours from the time we finish building our tanks, that way you are not putting any undo pressure on newly formed joints.

I have made many things (including tanks) with a 24hr cure time, and haven't noticed any problems. You shouldn't have to soak it once the silicon is cured, but I guess if you wanted to be extra careful you could soak it for a bit.

I have re-sealed tanks anywhere from 5 gal. to 140 gal. I let them sit untouched for 4 to 5 days, give it a quick rinse and fill them up. Out of all the tanks I've done I only sprung a leak once on a 33 gal about 6 months after it was set up (tank went off level). I have also made caves and decorations using silicone and put them in the tank after 24 hrs with no issues.

where do you get that from? what is it? how long does it last?

how does it compare to silicone?