sicklid

I am a new member as of last night. I went to the auction yesterday after finding the ACE site through google. Very surprised at the amount of people and the amount of "stuff" changing hands. I live on the westside of Henday in Parkland and have had acquariums for most of my life, but a few years ago a neighbour got me started into Africans. This is more fun now that I have a 90 gal. to go with my 45 gal. Met some people at the auction too. Nice to see that there is a place to get advice and input to make enhance this hobby. So, hello .......

:welcome: Welcome to the family .... I am glad you found us

I am a new member as of last night. I went to the auction yesterday after finding the ACE site through google. Very surprised at the amount of people and the amount of "stuff" changing hands. I live on the westside of Henday in Parkland and have had acquariums for most of my life, but a few years ago a neighbour got me started into Africans. This is more fun now that I have a 90 gal. to go with my 45 gal. Met some people at the auction too. Nice to see that there is a place to get advice and input to make enhance this hobby. So, hello .......

Thanks for the greetings. Like I said earlier I have a 90 gal, since last Apr. I have a 45 corner tank as well, but last Apr my neighbour was moving and he had a 75 and said "if you want my fish you can have them otherwise they're goin down the toilet because Big Al's won't give me squat for them". So as much as my wife wasn't keen on the idea (like all you guys haven't heard that) I built a stand (I have skills and tools) and bought the 90. Now my wife says they are beautiful. I have a bunch of mbunas 5-6", a 6" six bar frontosa, 6" electric yellow, 3- 5"+ clown loaches a beauty lwanda peacock, sunburst peacock, acei, blue dolphin. All is well in the tank. I bought a fluval 405 on E-Bay last fall for $128cdn. Brand new in the box. I have down the sharp curve in learning how to keep these boys happy and it seems to be working. But more info and suggestions never hurt. That is where I am sure this club will help.....thanks again.......icon1.gif

I will get pictures here soon.

Hi Allan:

Glad to have you on board and it was nice talking to you at the auction too. If you are looking for a quality group of fish nuts you have come to the right place. LOL Great people and lots of information to be had for the asking.