Fish turned white

butters

So I moved this past week and I had to move my Piranhas, Cichlids, and Pleco. They were in a couple of decently sized buckets for about 6 hours before I had them back in the tank again. When I did put them back in though the fish were almost completely white in color, all of them. The Pleco looked like a Zebra! Plus the Piranhas eyes were puffed out big time. As of now they have got all their color back but the Piranhas seem to still have slightly puffed eyes. Is this normal for fish to turn color in a dark stressful situation? I have no idea.

Colour change is normal from the stress of being the the buckets for so long. not sure about the eye thing....

Yeah the eye thing is weird, they are even still slightly popped out.

I wonder if he could of banged his eye on something that caused it to pop or swell.

I had a cobalt blue female that I think got the tar smacked out of her by a pleco, not sure. But when we woke up she was bleeding, both eyes sticking out... I added some salt to the water, did a good water change, but some stability in and she is all better. Her eyes are normal again, and any swelling her body had and disturbed scales are all normal looking again.

Hope your fish heals quickly for you.

Lana

Sounds like Popeye to me. My koi got it last spring and I have been able to keep it in check with lots of water changes. From what i understand it is the kidney that is the cause of it but i could be wrong and i wish i had a good remady for you because if i did my koi would be without the issue as we speak.

Good luck

L