Anyone try this? (Pictures Added)

Poolboy

Hey guys I am newby to the forum, so sorry if you have talked about this place already but does anyone have any experience with aquaflora nurseries?

http://store.aquaflo...ll-species.html I think this is a link, I hope it works.

Anyway I have been e-mailing the guys from there and it seems interesting! They grow the plants in a tissue culture and send them to you that way. The price seemed a little steep at first but it wasn't till the guy explained that every tissue culture is like 4 pots that i got the price, then it is pretty cheap. Anyway he said there was like 25 plants in a crypt tissue culture and for that rice that is really good I thought. They are in BC somewhere from my understanding, close to Vancouver so pick up isn't and option, LOL.

Anyway I am going to try them, but I am going on holidays at the end of the week so it will have to wait till I get back. I will let you guys know my experience with it when i do it. If any of you have tried it let me know I would love to know your experience and I would love to know what this tissue culture thing is all about. I will take pictures when I get the plants as well if anyone is interested. Seems like they grow some plants that are a little harder to find, so that is cool.

Now it is time to go to bed, that and the hockey game is over, all the Canadian teams are loosing their series, that isn't good. Least we won the gold metal.

Poolboy

Edited by Poolboy

I'm pretty sure Nature's Corner Store in Edmonton orders from these guys. I like the selection and the plants always come in looking good. Let us know how your experience goes.

Aquaflora has a good reputation and they've got some cool plants. However, having shipped in and purchased many varieties of plants, I always look for plants that are grown in tanks similiar to mine. Have bought way too many plants that were grown emmersed, not submersed or not true aquatics :bang1: and they didn't make it. So my suggestion would be to get further information from them as to how to acclimate your new plants to ensure your success with their plants. I would love to hear how to transition plants from different setups.

that is really cool. some of the plants like anubias will be fine with the transition. the crypts might loose there leaves but then will regrow.

in tissue culture pots it is very humid so they might be fine. worst case scenario should be that the plant would loose its leaves but then new ones would regrow.

i want some of that now as well.

they still dont have a good crypt selection.

Edited by fleshgear

I e-mailed them and they said they are working on a bunch of crypts, and some really rare ones (he didn't give me names) but he said that they should be available in the next few months. I really can't wait till he has an Echinodorus Aflame ready, he has me on his list for that one. Can't wait!

I was also looking into Aquaflora Nurseries. Apparently they are slowly expanding their selection and more will be available in the future. I am going to VanC in late May so I might order plants for my 75 and 90 gallon tanks I'm setting up and pick them up on the way back to save shipping. I'm curious as to how big these cultures actually are. I forget the guys name but if he is out of stock on something he'll add you to a list to be notified when more plants are ready.

If there are some people interested maybe we could throw together a group order and I could just bring it back when I get mine since I'm going that way anyway. I'm new on this forum but I frequent the planted tank forums and just found this one. Even if there's no group order I wouldn't mind picking up orders for other people since I'm going that way.

Either way I'll post a review and some pics after I get my order in a month or so.

Edited by Scotian

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am back from Holiday's and I have placed my order, I will let you guys know what they are like and I will take pictures. The guy from Aqua flora says everyone is really happy with his product and has yet to have any complaints about it. I take that as a good sign, my plants should be in tomorrow, I will try to post tomorrow or Thursday with the pictures.

Well I got my plants and they look great. I have taken some pictures and when I figure out how to post them on here i will so you can see what they look like. Anyway i highly recommend them, the plants are great. Again, I will post pictures later tonight!