I now have a proud Mom and Dad?

Raven

I think 2 of the Juvis have paired up, the female has recently lost her swollen purple belly and both her and her man are hanging out at the back of the driftwood. Not in the caves i got them -.- This worries me since its right by the intake valve. i also wonder what the 2 remaining one will do... not to mention the tetras and barbs. i figure its been 2-3 days so they should be hatching soon right?

judging by their behavior the drift wood location has failed. the Mom is purpling up again. how often can this happen?

Since they are so young they could just be paired but not ready to actually breed yet. Not exactly sure what age Kribs do start breeding at. I know sometimes after a pair "pairs up" it can take a few practice tries before they get it right.

Kribs are sneaky parents. They'll spawn, and you'll see the eggs for a few days, then everything disappears and you figure they ate the kids. Then a couple days later, you notic one of the parents being a real bully to other fish. You take a closer look and you see the sand vibrating! It's a clump of wigglers!

I wouldn't give up too soon. Kribs move their wrigglers and fry around a lot. Just when you think it's all over, you'll see a cloud of tiny fry following thier mom around.

Wow, that's so different from the mbumas i'm used to! I'll try and keep an eye out for anything tiny, and if the are setting up for try #2 i hope they don't the same spot right by the in take valve.

Would the other fish eat the fry?

The other fish will likely be able to pick off the fry once they start to wander too far from Mom & Dad. Until then, the parents will do a good job of protecting the fry.

Yeah when the fry start to wander away on their own is when you lose them like Jvivion says. Thats the best time to remove them if you have too. All fish will eat fry almost if they are givin the chance.

Yesterday i did a water change, Eggs look fine afterward. But in the morning i only seen 3 on the cave top and another 2 in the gravel below. I checked tonight and i can't see anything. Mom and Dad are still protecting the cave. what's going on? And Aunt and Uncle should by now hopefully be on their up to Athabasca if they haven't left jvisions house yet, lol. Hopefully this will help.