Just some more cichlids

Bandi

Fish from my various tanks. Enjoy!

nice fish! Did you pick up your neon jewel from picese?

Kyle

Yup, I bought a whole bunch of them from Picese and they are breeding for me already!

I was very tempted to buy some of them when I was there about a month ago. I wasnt sure how they would get along with my natural jewel cichlid so i decided against.. Maybe I will look into getting one female now

Kyle

• 4 weeks later...

Nice fish and pics. I especially like the peacocks and the OB blue? Anyway by the count it looks like you have over 15 tanks going. Wow , that's like a full time job.......how due you have time to run the zoo?

My role in the zoo itself is minimal. I do the yard maintainance and I have a few animal related jobs, however, I look forward to the rainy days, as those become my favorite days....fish day! I have a good excuse to stay inside and "play" with my fish.

Thanks for the compliments on my photos.

Beautiful images. What are is the name of that fish in the last two pictures? Are they Trout Cichlids?

Maybe you should share your fish hobby passion with management and you could become the caretaker of the African cichlid tanks in the Transalta Rainforest as well. Unless you already have that task already.

Hi, fish in the last two images is a Fossorochromis rostratus male. Those photos don't due him justice as he is now sporting his breeding colors. Perhaps I'll try to get more photos of him again.

I have tried to talk "management" (my father-in-law) into letting me have a cichlid exibit in the zoo for public viewing, but he has no interest in it. We really don't have a proper facility in the zoo (another heated building with running water) to accomondate such an endeaver. But I'll keep working on him. I would need to build another building for my GuZoo Aquatics idea. But money is just not there.

the zoo in question is the little private zoo in three hills right? not the calgary zoo? we have been to the Guzoo at Three Hills. Kids had a great time! There is room out there if the funds come up for a fish room!! lol

the zoo in question is the little private zoo in three hills right? not the calgary zoo? we have been to the Guzoo at Three Hills. Kids had a great time! There is room out there if the funds come up for a fish room!! lol

Yup, that is us! Oh sure there is room. 80 acres of room, but building a building with running water... ouch!