www.thedriftwoodstore.com

I Thought Id Start A Post Due To An Awesome Piece Of Wood I Purchased From A Guy On Another Forum . Now I Thought That Since He Was Located In The U.S That The Shipping Was Going To Bite Me In The Butt ! But I Was So Far From Wrong ! I Ended Up Getting A Large Piece And He Tossed In A Smaller Piece Just Ta Fill Some Unused Room In The Box And My End Total Was $34 Canadian .

This Is The Wood I Got !

The Main Reason Of This Thread Is Because I Personally Have Paid Huge Amounts On Small Pieces Of Wood From LFS And I Think Theres Lots Of Folks Here That Might Find A Huge Piece And Not Have To Give Up There First Born Or A Limb Lol

Blake

post-3986-12779111154_thumb.jpg

Edited by The-Influence

Yeah I Think It Was A Good Score ! When I Get A Bigger Tank Im Going Through This Guy Again ... He Had A Small Problem With UPS And Solved It The Next Day And For Me Waiting 1 Extra Day He Sent Me An Extra Piece .... So Yeah The Guy Is Good Stuff :thumbs: And Thats Why I Posted On AA ... I Think Anyone Who Likes To AquaScap With Wood Would Benifit From This ...

Blake

• 8 months later...

Ok so once again I ordered from this guy and once again I'm a happy guy !

I ordered 2 pieces one large piece and a medium size piece of manzanita . I received my drift wood yesterday and should see my manzanita today or Monday .

Driftwood cost me $49 that includes the shipping . Weight is 15.5 pounds

4cb88a6a.jpg

Now due to my own stupidity I thought my tank was 20" high but I was wrong it's in fact 16" high and well the wood stands at 20" ! So until I can think of something I can't get it in my tank . Lol. My point is $49 is a damn good price for a piece this size ! That's roughly a lil more then $3 a pound ! I'm ok with that !

I will post pics of the other piece as soon as it comes in

Blake

Ok so once again I ordered from this guy and once again I'm a happy guy !

I ordered 2 pieces one large piece and a medium size piece of manzanita . I received my drift wood yesterday and should see my manzanita today or Monday .

Driftwood cost me $49 that includes the shipping . Weight is 15.5 pounds

4cb88a6a.jpg

Now due to my own stupidity I thought my tank was 20" high but I was wrong it's in fact 16" high and well the wood stands at 20" ! So until I can think of something I can't get it in my tank . Lol. My point is $49 is a damn good price for a piece this size ! That's roughly a lil more then $3 a pound ! I'm ok with that !

I will post pics of the other piece as soon as it comes in

Blake

That happened to me too...I ended up sawing off the end that I knew was going to be buried a bit in the gravel. This might be a great excuse for a bigger tank lololololololol!!!!

It's crossed my mind to get a slightly bigger tank but iv not seen any that I realy want and since my tanks are in my livingroom they need to look good and not all tossed together ...that is why I like the aquagiant tanks they got the full hoods and matching stands

I don't want ta cut this wood as I think any way I do will not look as good

Blake

• 2 weeks later...

That company pisses me off. First piece i ordered came in good time. Second piece i ordered 6 weeks ago. Every week apologies and excuses for not shipping. Now the company will not get back to me and my project is on hold. The pieces have a lot of character. But my costumer service is experience has been horrible. I'm really surprised to see you got a shipment. I'm confused.