Show off your Fluval Edge tank thread

The Fluval Edge has been out for quite some time now and figured there has to be a fair amount of people with this tank by now. Many people love the looks while others just are not impressed with its cost, size and configuration. I decided it was time for a thread to show off the various aquascapes that people have achieved in this little tank. Perhaps it will provide decoration ideas and maybe even some inspiration to those thinking of picking one up.

I guess I will get this started... here is my tank. Please feel free to post pics of yours because I am curious to see what others have done to their tank!

IMG_0340.jpg

Edit: some additional pics and comments as I had posted to another forum I frequent

Here are some shots of my LED light strip. They are originally 3 ft long and water proof but I had to cut it shorter and into pieces so I could make it into the U shape. Soldering the corners was the biggest challenge. The white plastic is shelf edging that you can buy at the hardware store and power source is a simple 12V wall adapter soldered directly to the connectors. Still need to make minor adjustments so the strips sit in the edging a bit better but that can wait for another day.

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Edited by Cgy_Betta_Guy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Idea !

Where Ya Get Yer Light Strip ?

Well Here Is Mine ... Trying Ta Get Another

Plant List

Pogostemon helferi

Elocharis acicularis (Dwarf Hairgrass )

Lilaeopsis brasiliensis ( Micro Sword )

Riccia fluitans

Anubias nana

Fissidens fontanus ( Phoenix Moss )

Vesicularia montagnei ( Christmas Moss )

Lobelia Cardinalis

Stock List

Red Cherry Shrimp

Green Shrimp

post-3986-127917897648_thumb.jpg

Well done - those tanks look great. I've wanted to pick up one of these ever since my friend got his a few month's back. The plus is that my really likes the look so it will likely end up in a living space (i.e. not my basement).

Cheers,

Stu

nice tanks.

I've fluval too and would love to show it off too biggrin.gif ....but for some reason I can't upload the picture from my phone annoyed.gif . maybe the setting or something. I'll try to take some pictures again and see if I can upload it here.

Edited by BettaVishVish

Influence: My light strip is a DIY chop of a automotive LED light strip... I made it U shaped to wrap around the top of the tank. You can see the lights shining into the water in the upper right corner of my pic. I am also toying with the idea of picking up another Edge tank for fun.

AvianAquatics: Thanks for the comments, unfortunately I havent been able to get my baby shrimps to survive for some reason so I dont have any to sell. I might have to get a bigger sponge on my uptake.

mb3k: my tank has been running since mid January. Dont be shy! post a pic of your tank!

Well you've seen mine, but I'll add it here for the record. An outsider's perspective:

fluval3.jpg

My lights: 2x MR11 LEDs, 1x 10W CoraLife 6" Mini Compact Flourescent (I've only found them at BigAls)

I have 2 extra MR16 LED bulbs that I want to get a light fixture for - maybe Ikea sells some cheap ones.

Edited by mb3k

Hey Jewels.. Good eye!

Lower right just right of the Indian Almond Leaf is Hydrocotyle Verticilata and there is a stem of it on the lower left floating around upside down for some reason. The lower left and upper right (perched on the driftwood) are both Microsorum Pteropus (Java Fern) Windelov wrapped onto lava rocks. Other plants are Anacharis, echinodorus bleherae, valisneria, cryptocoryne Undulata and Bekketi, Marimo Moss ball and a wort of some kind.

Hopefully there are some more Edge owners out there that want to show off their tanks too!

Jewels, do you have an edge?

We need some more photos to drool over!

Here's what I picked up today at The Recharge Centre and BigAl's:

P1010340.jpg

A good ole 5 pounder! It should last a year or more!

I got an Ebay nano diffuser on order right now, so I'm just using an airstone for the time being. Do you think it's wise to let the CO2 bubbles be trapped under the top glass? Or should I just put the airstone directly underneath the top opening so the bubbles just go straight up? I'm thinking the latter... I gotta change it before I go to work tomorrow!

Edited by mb3k

Jewels, do you have an edge?

We need some more photos to drool over!

Here's what I picked up today at The Recharge Centre and BigAl's:

P1010340.jpg

A good ole 5 pounder! It should last a year or more!

I got an Ebay nano diffuser on order right now, so I'm just using an airstone for the time being. Do you think it's wise to let the CO2 bubbles be trapped under the top glass? Or should I just put the airstone directly underneath the top opening so the bubbles just go straight up? I'm thinking the latter... I gotta change it before I go to work tomorrow!

You putting that big bugger on your edge ?

Blake