Show off your Fluval Edge tank thread

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool mb3k! I myself have a 10lb cylinder hooked up to the edge tank with a super super slow trickle of CO2 bubbles coming out of my nano diffuser. I let the bubbles surface to the top but my filter blows them across the water surface and underneath the glass. Due to evaporation my water level is not always right to the top but I think for such a small tank you really dont need a lot of CO2. My plants grew really fast after adding the CO2 to the point that I might have to replace the crypts and java ferns shortly because they are starting to fill up too much space in the tank.

Cool mb3k! I myself have a 10lb cylinder hooked up to the edge tank with a super super slow trickle of CO2 bubbles coming out of my nano diffuser. I let the bubbles surface to the top but my filter blows them across the water surface and underneath the glass. Due to evaporation my water level is not always right to the top but I think for such a small tank you really dont need a lot of CO2. My plants grew really fast after adding the CO2 to the point that I might have to replace the crypts and java ferns shortly because they are starting to fill up too much space in the tank.

Wow, a 10 pounder for the Edge! I didn't expect the 5 pound tank to be so large.

Did you buy your diffuser online? I can't find anything in Calgary except the huge spiral type diffusers. This morning I relocated the airstone right underneath the filter suction so the bubbles will get sucked right into the filter intake and hopefully through the motor impeller (probably not the best for the motor, but it's temporary).

Hopefully it's bubbling away at around 1 bubble per 15 seconds or somewhere there. I noticed that when the solenoid turns on, the bubble count is really high then settles down.

Iv Got My Line On The Inside Of The Intake And One Bubble Every 10 Seconds .... The Only Thing That Gets On My Nerves Is The Bubbles The Plants Give Off Getting Stuck At The Top Glass .... Gotta Scoot Them Out Every Day Lol.......

Blake

Very nice, pearling!

I'm not too big of a fan of the size of the Fluorite substrate, I think my next tank will be with something finer like yours Influence... you can say you've influenced me rolleyes.gif

Seems like things haven't taken off in my tank yet after 2 months, but hopefully the CO2 will speed things up plant-wise... I'm getting a bit of a diatom outbreak right now.

Ok..finally I can attach the pictures. I took the pictures using my phone so..they;re not that great looking pictures. but here they are :

1. Few days after the tank was set up:

post-4613-128004018256_thumb.jpg

2. I like watching Fluval in the dark :

post-4613-128004020823_thumb.jpg

3. Fluval - using original light:

post-4613-128004022932_thumb.jpg

4. Fluval - using LED light:

post-4613-128004024407_thumb.jpg

Iv Got My Line On The Inside Of The Intake And One Bubble Every 10 Seconds .... The Only Thing That Gets On My Nerves Is The Bubbles The Plants Give Off Getting Stuck At The Top Glass .... Gotta Scoot Them Out Every Day Lol.......

Blake

Very nice, pearling!

I'm not too big of a fan of the size of the Fluorite substrate, I think my next tank will be with something finer like yours Influence... you can say you've influenced me rolleyes.gif

Seems like things haven't taken off in my tank yet after 2 months, but hopefully the CO2 will speed things up plant-wise... I'm getting a bit of a diatom outbreak right now.

Im Totally Happy With How My Plant Are Growing In The Black Sand ! I Was Going To Go With Fluorite But I Guess " If Its Not Broken Dont Fix It " Lol

Blake

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a couple pics of my edge...Now home to twenty odd Cherry Shrimp, thanx J.

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

Edited by cale262

Some of the extra's I've added...

LED replacement lights...

IMG_1295.jpg

Upgraded canister filter, squeezes into the filter housing...

ZooMed 501 filter...

501_3a.jpg

heater...hydor mini submersible...hidden under the flourite....

514692.jpg

and a super small air pump (no bigger than a stack of ten toonies) which also fits into the back of the filter housing for a clean stock look..

A picture looking into the filter housing with the canister and air pump...

IMG_1399.jpg

Edited by cale262

Petsmart has them... go to the turtle/amphibian/reptile section. They keep them there and run you about 60-70 bucks if I remember right. Riverfront also carries it but its quite a bit more.

PS... did ya really need to quote the pictures? :boxed:

Edited by Cgy_Betta_Guy

I tryed looking for one of them zoomed filters and had no luck at all

Looks good !

Blake

Thnx, & I bought the zoomed filter from Big Al's in Edmonton for about $50, they have them in the reptile area and list them as a turtle filter.

little more on their online... http://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl3664/cp18095/si1318112/cl0/zoomed501turtlecanisterfilter

Edited by cale262