Snail traffic

Cgy_Betta_Guy

Ya think so? I dose the whole suite of Seachem products (N, P, K, FE, trace, Fluorish) every 2-3 weeks when required but I do often forget for weeks at a time. That previous picture with the snails was taken under really low light... all I had on was my semi DIY LED Moonlight strip which made it look kinda washed out... here is a better pic under full tank lights and a full tank shot from end of March before I recently decided to trim back a substantial amount of leaves from it. It had gotten really really big and was shading everything plus some of the older leaves had tons of nerite snail eggs on them. The new growth on the plant is a little bit yellower I guess and I do have some signs of deficiency in the picture (upper left corner the tips of the leaves) so you could be right that I need some potassium. Think its been a couple weeks since I dosed any ferts of any kind.

Lemme know what ya think....

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0297a203.jpg

It is hard to tell, but swords that size require so much more ferts than most other plants. Those two swords are not even half the size they can get and I don't think you are feeding enough to really support their growth or to really bring out their potential in leaf colour and vibrancy.

though I'm considered an "idiot savant" by some(and they're right), I would suggest root tabs. I think it was suggested by my good friend and plant goddess Werner that these are good for swords. Werner, jump right in and give us some technobabble that I can't understand but I'll keep using root tabs and having big sword plants!!

yup... I use root tabs for the swords and crypts.. probably due for some new ones to be put in too... thing is I dont want them to grow any bigger so I hold off as long as possible. In fact I have been thinking of selling off the big one on the right and possibly the one of the left when it gets back to its former fullness.

Well if I sell it I will just plant more :w00t:

Here is a pic of the second one, the tank is 19" tall... its obscured by the foreground plants that need to be moved somewhere better but its gotten a bit bigger than in the full tank shot. Some minor algae and nerite snail eggs are present. This is the best shot I can get. PM if you are truly interested and got a bucket.

IMG_0412.jpg