Fishneedit 150 W metal Halide

strayner

Got it in the mail yesterday, curious if anyone would like me to post a bit of an early review so others can see if they are interested in it.

For those who don't know, www.fishneedit.com sells 75, 150 and 250 Watt metal halide lamps/ballasts for under 200.

OMG! I had no idea they were that much money, at work we throw them out all the time when they have been in the back of our service trucks a while and the boxes get beat up....or when we swap em out for other things. I threw out a 1000 watt one 2 weeks ago because I was tired of it being in my way at work. Maybe I should start keeping them huhboxed.gif

I can't find my camera for pics but am really happy with my new lights. Compared to my old T12 fluorescent its like the sun is beaming down and filling my tank :P The only thing I dont' like is that its suspended on legs about 4-6" above the tank. I need to build a hood or something as I dont' like seeing the light from the top of the tank. My tank is right next to my TV and the light coming from the top is too bright.

Can I just lay the lights on my glass hood? Or do they need the legs so it doens't get too hot and melt?

My 36" 4 bulb fixture and shipping came to around 155$

Edited by Vallisneria

I bought the 150w halide about a year and half ago, was a great fixture. I bought one for a prize on BCA and gave it out as a prize and the member loved it.

Recently for my newest tank i bought the 4x54w t5 and i have had it setup for growing HC DSM (dry start method) and it's working great so far. I got the suspended light hangers and i will be setting that up to the ceiling soon.

Great lights all together. Simon is the owner and he's always been a great guy, fast shipping and VERY reliable and fair.