WHAT IS THE MOST APPROPRIATE TANK SIZE FOR TINFOIL BARBS?

I have 2 that are full grown . They are in a 240 gal and it works out nice for them. Don't think they are 14 inches , but are at least 12 inches.

Cool fish. Everyone should have them.

I would say a 6' tank would be a minimum size for adult fish. If you're planning on getting a school, build yourself an 8' plus tank that is at least 2' wide. You won't be sorry! :)

Ok, so all the responses suggest "bigger the better" essentially. Now, let me ask you guys to help me narrow it down:

1) What is the minimum number of TBs that should be schooled together in any size tank? and

2) Assuming they were 8 inches in length each, and based on question 1, how long minimum should the tank be? and

3) Assuming you guys suggest a tank length that I don't own, how many TBs of 8''' could I house in a 3 foot tank, if any at all? and

4) Assuming I could only keep the number of TB's from question 3, what could I possibly do with the other fish?

Thank you everyone for your advice.

Edited by gettingthere

IMO 3' tank is only good for juveniles. You would need a 180 gallon tank for 8" tinfoil barbs. There is so many nice fish out there why would you want to school a plain fish like tin foil barbs.IMO 3' tank would be better suited for smaller fish like tetras.