Volunteering at CAS meeting

AvianAquatics

Does CAS meetings needs volunteers? And do I get volunteer credit for doing so? I need 75 volunteer hours to graduate and only have 6 from the last CAS Spring Auction and three more is not enough. I can't seem to find any motivation to volunteer for anything non aquarium related and this also gives me a excuse to attend meetings during a school Monday shifty.gif.

Edited by AvianAquatics

Does CAS meetings needs volunteers? And do I get volunteer credit for doing so? I need 75 volunteer hours to graduate and only have 6 from the last CAS Spring Auction and three more is not enough. I can't seem to find any motivation to volunteer for anything non aquarium related and this also gives me a excuse to attend meetings during a school Monday shifty.gif.

i know we are looking for more volunteers at the next auction.

i could use a volunteer to come and clean some fish tanks and filters?

Ah I don't think I'll get school hours for LFS volunteer.

Lol I'd love to do Jar Show Coordinator or Calquarium Editor... if you let me because my grammar sucks lol. And would I get volunteer hours 04.gif

how did you get hours the last time you did the auction? i would imagine it would be the same? what qualifies for hours?

To be honest I don't know. I called Dave Howarth and told him I'd like to volunteer at the CAS auction and needed school credit for this and I think he did the rest (hopefully he did anyways). I think someone needs to contact my school or something and let them know.

Hey, I had to get volunteer hours in high school, too. Dave let me help at the CAS auctions, it was great.

Val - Yeah I know but it'd break my heart when they gets put down ;_;

There are a few no-kill societies in Calgary. I think Meow Foundation is one of them. They usually require at least 6 months of commitment, though. The Killarney cat hospital was also looking for volunteers, and they ask for at least 2hrs/month.