New fish

vantgE

So i was at Golds, they are all out of Lombardoi, and maingano, and johanni

The I was going home and my Dad asked if I wanted to go to pisces well we were their just monday buying goldfish for the pond and all the cichlids were too small, so I was like we'll try riverfront. Just cause i hear about on here but myself was never really impressed by it. But I bought a,most all my fish there. Three Kennyi, seven johanni, and seven elongatus. All for a Grand total of 200 dollars what a ripoff :angry: compared to Gold's at least. Anyways I saved 20 dollars by buying the membership so i'm a member and got forty dollars off. Was gonna by a python but chicken out cause i already spent 200 dollars. Now I'm haveing troubles figureing out how much to feed them added my labs, But am afraid they are to small to add my male kennyi and venustus. Gotta go back now buy the python only about 70 dollars for members right now, woohoo I get so save SOME money. Of course i decided this after doing an 80% water change to a 90 gallon tank by filling a five gallon pail with 1 gallon pails from the tap for two hours and emptying it Via a small syphon and again one gallon pails. So know all i need is say two Yellow labs From Freshmike and some synos from Fishboy if i hear from him -_--_--_-

Nice talking to ya'll

lol I know what you talking about. I'am still changing all my water with pails.

My 165g is about atleast 5' from the ground. Plus my other tanks, but the good thing is that it is kind of a work-out. :lol:

I'am to cheap tp buy a python, so i'am going to make my own. There is a good article in the D.I.Y. section here about how to make it.

Good Luck.

Jay

my python was the best purchase i ever made. Its made cleaning my tanks so much quicker and a lot less hard work(no evil bucket lifting).

I would suggest looking online for your python. I got mine for around 25$ i believe(its been a few years so i can't remember exactly).

You can also make one, I have seen lots of posts about it on other forums.

I'm still a member of the bucket brigade myself. 4 tanks one of which is a 90. May get a python once I get some plumbing done in my basement. But I'm like buff and my lawn is sooo green. :lol:

I agree...I have nearly 2000G in tanks, and still bucket it...and my yard and arms are bloody healthy for it, too.

So i was at Golds, they are all out of Lombardoi, and maingano, and johanni

The I was going home and my Dad asked if I wanted to go to pisces well we were their just monday buying goldfish for the pond and all the cichlids were too small, so I was like we'll try riverfront. Just cause i hear about on here but myself was never really impressed by it. But I bought a,most all my fish there. Three Kennyi, seven johanni, and seven elongatus. All for a Grand total of 200 dollars what a ripoff :angry: compared to Gold's at least. Anyways I saved 20 dollars by buying the membership so i'm a member and got forty dollars off. Was gonna by a python but chicken out cause i already spent 200 dollars. Now I'm haveing troubles figureing out how much to feed them added my labs, But am afraid they are to small to add my male kennyi and venustus. Gotta go back now buy the python only about 70 dollars for members right now, woohoo I get so save SOME money. Of course i decided this after doing an 80% water change to a 90 gallon tank by filling a five gallon pail with 1 gallon pails from the tap for two hours and emptying it Via a small syphon and again one gallon pails. So know all i need is say two Yellow labs From Freshmike and some synos from Fishboy if i hear from him -_--_--_-

Nice talking to ya'll

If you're looking for mbuna, we have the following at Gold's:

Cynotilapia afra "mbweca green"

Labidochromis pearlmutt

Pseudotropheus shauri

Pseudotropheus saulosi

Electric Yellows (really small though)

Labidochromis freibergi

Pseudotropheus polit (F1)

Pseudotropheus acei "white tail"

On another note, males between maingano and johanni are really similar looking and you probably won't get much definition to your color scheme mixing the two (that is, assuming you were planning on mixing them, otherwise just ignore me).