NLS - before & after

RD.

The photos shown below are the same fish, a mature Aulonocara rubescens "Ruby Red" Peacock and were supplied to me 'untouched' from a fellow hobbyist. In the photo on the left (the 'before' photo) this fish was fed a mix of foods, which included a mixture of spirulina flake, a bulk flake (a supposedly decent quality flake from the owners friend who maintains tanks), frozen foods (mostly plankton and krill), along with some New Life Spectrum.

In the second photo (the 'after' photo) this fish had been on a steady diet of 100% New Life Spectrum for just over 3 months. As you can clearly see, not only has the red color become very enhanced, but the blue color has improved significantly as well. This male fish has no female mates in his tank, and he's the second smallest male in this tank, so the color change is not due to spawning conditions, or dominance. According to the owner, this peacock is actually a very sub dominant male fish.

The dramatic change in color can only be attributed to the exclusive diet of New Life Spectrum. Many people ask Pablo & myself why it's so important to feed NLS exclusively, and this is a classic example of why it is so important. When you dilute NLS with other foods, you will also dilute the end results. One can only imagine how spectacular this specimen would look if it was in fact the dominant male breeder in this tank.

ruby1.jpg

ruby3.jpg

I'm having the same results! I have never witnessed these dramatic changes from food alone. I picked up some Giant Danios to cycle a tank and was thinking to sell them back to the store. Sure they are blue and grey. But now after feeding them NLS some red in the tail has appeared and such vivid colors. I don't think I can bring them back.