Sick X-Ray Tetra

DragonNeko

My roommate has 3 X-Ray Tetras in his 10gal. tank (along with 2 glow light tetras, and 1 male swordtail). I believe one of them is sick. I've been trying to find out what it is, but despite all the reading and searching, I've yet to find an answer. I'm hoping someone here can help me to identify what is wrong with the little guy. If I can find out what's wrong, then I'm going to have to suggest to my roommate that the fish should be euthanized. I appreciate any help. The picture isn't the greatest, but I hope it helps. He's the only one with a silver gill, but one of the others has some fin rot as well now and I worry it will become like this guy. Aside from the picture, his symptoms include: difficulty swimming, curved spine, fin rot (more recent), reddening around the gills (has spread more and is much darker), and red eyes. The glow light tetras and the swordtail seem perfectly fine. There was ich in the tank awhile ago, but it cleared up.

Everything you list is symptomatic of dirty water. In a 10gal, it doesn't take long for things to sour. I'd recommend at least 40% weekly WCs.

Everything you list is symptomatic of dirty water. In a 10gal, it doesn't take long for things to sour. I'd recommend at least 40% weekly WCs.

Thank you, I'll make sure my roommate does that. I hope they get better, though I don't have high hopes for the one.