Swords or Vals!? iD

Morphine

Hey so recently I was looking around in my tank and I stumbled across 5 plants that look like Vals and Swords. I'm really confused I would of wrote these off as swords because 3 don't have runners - But 2 are attached via runner so I'm super confused. The leaves are wider then then the vals I have now and don't look like Vals at all. I planted all but 1 beside my vals in the back of my tank for comparison and they looked way different. Anyways I'm stumped.

post-4756-128577981943_thumb.jpg

post-4756-128577987639_thumb.jpg

post-4756-128577985298_thumb.jpg

post-4756-128577990829_thumb.jpg

Anyways here's the pics - I can try and get better pics if needed.

My guess would be sword as some do reproduce by runners. Vals and sags tend to have narrower leaves except for sag "platyphylla".

Edited by fishclubgirl

Google echinodorus quadricostatus or vesuvious for swords that produce runners. I could look it up in a plant book but I don't own one(Sorry Werner!!!)

Morph, if you got them from me, they are swords - plane old Amazon swords (E. amizonicus). I think I just cut the flower stalk and gave you a few all in one - that's why it looks like they're on a runner. Is the 'runner' pretty thick and stiff? That's b/c it's a flower stalk. Runners are just like roots.