Aquarium Trim Options

davidsh

Hi All,

I have been away from the aquarium hobby for several years now and I am trying to get set back up. Currently I am looking to buy a new tank and I have noticed it is very hard to get any aquariums that don't have a black trim. I have a very nice solid oak stand that I just refinished and I was hoping to get something that matched.

Here are my options so far:

1) Order tank from Big Al's and wait for 2 to 8 weeks.

2) Order a custom built tank here in Edmonton $.

3) By an aquarium with a black trim.

Does anyone know of a place I can get an aquarium with an oak coloured trim?

Does anyone have any ideas on what to do to a black trim to change it (veneer, etc)?

Any ideas would be welcome

Thanks!

You could always get a black trim tank and then cover the trim with some oak finishing strips from the hardware store stained to match the stand. I don't know what this might cost but it could be much cheaper than new depending on tank size. Me personally i like the black trim on a wooden stand because of the contrast in colours. From what i have seen of tanks most have a lip at the bottom of the stand and a hood that does a great job of hiding the black trim and you don't see the trim when looking into the tank from the front since the black blends soo well most of the time and doesn't stick out the rest of the time.

Hope this might help

L

I would do as suggested and place an oak trim around it. Shouldn't cost more than $20 or so. You can even cut them to size right in the store. As a bonus, there's all sorts or trims to choose from.

Her's an idea of what you can get **Please note that this is just an image found on the internets and your local hardware store may not carry all moldings shown**

alex_hardwood_mouldings.gif