LED grow lights

corrosionjerry

This sells for under a hundred bucks / what do you think ? Is it throwing away money

225 WHITE LED Aquarium Grow Light Panel 120 or 240 Volt

Click to Enlarge

Product Code: 2501WH

ALL WHITE LED Aquarium and Grow Light Panel 225 LED 110 Volt

PRODUCT INFORMATION

DESCRIPTION:Quality built ALL White 225 LED Aquarium and Grow Light Panel This 12 by 12 inch LED panel has 225 super bright white LEDs. It is powerful enough to light a room yet consumes only 13.8 Watts !

FEATURES: Solid state, Cooler running, High efficiency, Wide angle, all WHITE LED Aquarium and plant light.

BENEFITS: This panel has no ballasts to burn out like other aquarium or plant lights. It runs at a warm temperature rather than very hot which is common with most other inefficient plant lights. This more controlled running temperature reduces water evaporation and keeps rooms with tanks and plants from getting uncomfortably hot in the summer months requiring additional air conditioning. They save electricity dual fold. This state of the art WHITE LED panel tank and plant light is extremely energy efficient paying for itself many times over each year in electricity savings. It saves 50% to 90% in energy consumptioncompared to incandescent bulbs or fluorescent tubes. Wide angle projection insures uniform coverage. This specialty all WHITE LED Aquarium and grow light panel is designed to allow you to custom tailor the light spectrum for maximum growth and breeding condition.

The purity and power of this all WHITE LED panel has been scientifically designed to provide large illumination coverage of 2 square feet. 14 to 16 hours per day is all that is necessary for maximum fish metabolism and plant health by accelerating activity and plant photosynthesis. The typical white plant lights that run at high temperatures consume excessive electricity, wasting money. LEDs turn on instantly and can be turned on and off by hand each day or work well with all standard lamp timers.

We also carry ALL BLUE grow light panels for bulking up the size of plants to increase their flower carrying capacity and all RED grow light panels to trigger maximum bud development, flower blossoming and fruit growth.We also have blended Red and Blue LED grow lights that have both wavelengths that are for accelerating growth and flowering.

These LED light panels are perfect as all year permanent Aquarium and Plant lights for Fish, Amphibians, Reptiles, Mammals, Insects and Plant tanks and benches. They are especially productive for spring vegetable and flower seedling development.

I have been seriously considering switching to LEDs for my planted tank. I've done a bit or reading on a couple Reef sites and MFK's DIY forum and think it would be quite viable. I've just recently seen these LED panels (most I've looked at are more like a 3LED spot light), and am intrigued. My only issue is the fact that all the bulbs are the same color - If I could get a 2/3 White:1/6 Blue: 1/6 Red, I think it'd be ideal.

Do you have one??? I may want to come by and see it in action!

I have sent the seller a question about mixing the bulbs.... to see if they will configure it in this scheme... 2/3 1/6 1/6 as you stated Jason...

If they will at no extra charge I am going to order two and experiment with it on a 24" cube that I started up for growing plants etc.

I think those red/blue panels ARE bright, it's just not white. I think I might try 3 panels (2white/1red-blue).

Just FYI, those I believe use the 5mm leds which are much cheaper to buy but do not have the same Watt/Lumen ratio as the Cree or other 3-5 watt lights.

I'm not saying its a bad deal, but to get the equivalent lighting from those as the 3-5 watt lights it's not going to happen.

I have built a panel similar to that and it works well and delivers light at the right wavelength for photosysnthesis, but I would suggest suplementing that with a t5 fixture as well.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: if anyone wants to see them I can post pictures. I think I paid aroun 60 bucks to build it, i can dig out the reciept if you would like.

EDIT 2: WOW 34 bucks, I paid too much to build my own! For that price forget everything I said!

Edited by Avrbuster

just received mine actually a couple days ago... I bought it to try and grow a tomato plant indoors during the winter and have yet to set it up... Also picked up the all white just to see if its any good. If you are considering purchasing I suggest checking directly on their website instead of e Bay. They might have it on sale and they also give you the option of sending via USPS vs UPS which might help you avoid brokerage if there is any.

Edited by Cgy_Betta_Guy

Is it throwing away money

"Super bright " does not appear on this list

Value equals lumens per dollars.

I bought an 800 Lumen bulb yesterday. @ three dollars it is 266/lumens per dollar.

This looks like almost Fifty bucks all said and done. Say its only forty.

40 X 266 = 10'640 Lumens

Is this unit over 10'000 Lumens ?

PS this whole equation ignores power consumption - -05- first things first