Ever been ripped off in a fish/ equipment related deal?

phoenixn7g

Has anyone else ever been ripped of in a fish tank/ stock related deal? There is a possibility I got ripped off, I will know more in the morning. I am hoping to god I didn't get ripped off.

I paid a deposit to hold a tank, and now I cannot get a hold of the guy, and haven't been able to in the last 2 days. I am kinda getting nervous....

Any suggestions? He gave me his business card, but I keep calling the number, and it goes to a cellphone msg that says "This person is not available right now, call back later."

I have a receipt for the deposit, I am just getting nervous as I need this tank, it's getting cold and I don't want to risk it breaking in the cold weather.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Give it till tommorow..... Then Get your money back..... Alot of guys i deal with are slow to produce...... But honestly.... Its mostly me.... I am more than on the ball and really its an aquarium hobby.... people dont move too fast lol

and ripped off Any time i shop retail....... Makes me want to open a store...... Just so people dont get hosed so bad.....

The thing is I paid the deposit on Monday... or Tuesday. Can't remember which day. Anyways, after calling him a bunch I got a hold of him. He says he is still out of town *sigh* so I may or may not get this tank this week. If I don't have it at my house by Friday, I am going to ask for my deposit back because this is getting INSANE. I just want my tank before the weather gets so poopy. *sigh*

It was agreed when I gave him the deposit, the tank would be dropped off at my house no later than 4 days after I paid him, because he was going on vacation.

Has anyone else ever been ripped of in a fish tank/ stock related deal? There is a possibility I got ripped off, I will know more in the morning. I am hoping to god I didn't get ripped off.

I paid a deposit to hold a tank, and now I cannot get a hold of the guy, and haven't been able to in the last 2 days. I am kinda getting nervous....

Any suggestions? He gave me his business card, but I keep calling the number, and it goes to a cellphone msg that says "This person is not available right now, call back later."

I have a receipt for the deposit, I am just getting nervous as I need this tank, it's getting cold and I don't want to risk it breaking in the cold weather.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

SOMETIMES YOU CAN SEND A TEXT MESSAGE TO A NUMBER AND YOUR PHONE WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IF IT WAS READ

ALSO KIJIJI IS AN EXCELLENT SPOT TO FIND UNWANTED TANKS FOR CHEAP...........I PICKED UP A MINT 100GAL AQUAGIANT WITH EVERYTHING INCLUDED FOR 400.............4-5" BP,2 PLECO,2 RAINBOW SHARK ALL INCLUDED TOO

Edited by FISHLIPS