Endlers

Iceturf

Purchased a small group of endlers off of a member here in summer and now I have 40+ . My tank I never maintain as much as I aught to, but it has a fluval 104 full of sponge + a large sponge pre-filter. Should I thin the herd?

It really depends on the tank size. I have a 29gal that is so full of plants Endlers & Shrimp that there is no space for anything else! I had a 10 gal with shrimp and Endlers that went 3 weeks (about 100ea Endlers & shrimp), and it crashed. Lost just about everything except the plants.

It really depends on the tank size. I have a 29gal that is so full of plants Endlers & Shrimp that there is no space for anything else! I had a 10 gal with shrimp and Endlers that went 3 weeks (about 100ea Endlers & shrimp), and it crashed. Lost just about everything except the plants.

Haha, figures I would hear from ya Jvision; did I mention the fish I got from you are doing well? I see I forgot to mention a few more details, the Endlers are housed in a planted 20 gallon with one 3" albino bristlenose. In comparison to your 10 gallon, I would assume 40 or even 80 in a 20 gallon is reasonable. Your tank crashed!? That is unfortunate, how long did it take to get a colony that large? (I'm jealous of your 29 gallon, shrimp don't agree with me).

Baos, I'll send you a pm.

It's all about bioload and the amount of filtration. I only had a small HOB with maybe a couple scrubbies in it. If'd I'd had a bigger or another filter, I probably could have pushed it a bit more :) It wasn't my main tank, tho - it was just a fun tank in my son's room, so I didn't loose my main stock.