Oklahoma Aquarium

Wingin' It

So I went down to Oklahoma for the Christmas break...and while I was there I just happened to go to the Oklahoma Aquarium! It's very well done, IMO, but then again I have never been to a place like it before and have nothing to compare it to. While I was there I of course took dozens and dozens of pics...a few vids too, but they take so darn long to upload. So, for your viewing pleasure, here are some of the better and more interesting pics I came up with...

Some awesome colored Anemones...they had soooo many. And HUGE too!

102.jpg

189.jpg

Several Sea Apples and a star fish or two. Very cool when they're openly filtering!

131.jpg

Can you spot the fish?? lol

139.jpg

How much glass could a star fish grasp if a star fish could grasp glass? hahaha...i'm a dork, I know. :)

124.jpg

Ginormous Horseshoe Crabs!

121.jpg

A large Gar

147.jpg

Freshwater Shrimp, the kind we Luv to eat! I know, I know...don`t play with your food ;)

117.jpg

Sooooo pretty

197.jpg

273.jpg

Sunfish?? found in many rivers in the USA (I think)

182.jpg

I think this one was some kind of Darter or something, also found in many rivers in the USA (I think)

169.jpg

Lookie here...Mr.Toad sits so nice for his Photo Op!

184.jpg

Very Big and Hungry female Octopus! To feed her, they put her food inside of a hamster tunnel so she had to work for her food.

287.jpg

The Pony tank! Very cool!

279.jpg

Very, Very large Clam!

244.jpg

Looks like a presentation for the Calgary Aquarium Society. Which month works for you,lol?? Nice pics, looks like I'll have to find an excuse to go to Oklahoma,hmmm.

Those are some awesome pics...love the scorpion fish.

Thanks! Did you see there were two of them in there? actually, there was a third in the tank, I just didn't get the shot ;)

Looks like a presentation for the Calgary Aquarium Society. Which month works for you,lol?? Nice pics, looks like I'll have to find an excuse to go to Oklahoma,hmmm.

Presentation...isn't this what I just did?? LOL The shark room is wayyy cool...though it was quite difficult to get a good pic of the sharks in there since they're all swimming so quickly. I think they have the largest Bull Shark collection in the United States, with 500,000 gallons of man made saltwater! I'd luv to see feeding time! I think I also forgot to add in the "Pet the Stingray" exhibit...guess i'll have to add a few more pics. ;)

What a great job, to swim in a Huge aquarium and clean the glass / tank.

I remember in 2005 I went to the Monoco Aquarium, which is over in Europe and it's supposed to ne the richest country in teh world. It took over an hour to walk around this place and no stop and enjoy any of the aquariums. This was of course back when I wasn't so much into the fish world. What I can remember though was it was HUGE!