Philipine Blue Babies

Jayba

Well my philipine blue angels had a clutch of babies. I am not around until the 12th. Not sure how many, my fish sitter may have sucked up a ton of them up doing a thurough water change. There are about 30 left. The parents can't be moved right now, they are in their own tank though. How do I deal with the fry until I get home in 6 days?

:thumbs:

I've got 4 adults that look like they're trying to pair off, but can't figure out who should be w. who. :)

They'll need food a week after the parents laid the eggs. As "blue" angelfish are closer to a "wild type", you might have a good chance. If your fishsitter can get them some live food and also not "scare" the parents, that would be excellent. Another key to angelbreeding is water quality, water quality, water quality...... and also make sure the temp is around 80. Good luck and let us know!!!

• 3 weeks later...

That's too bad Jay. For the first spawn though, sounds like they did great. I have a pair of Blacks that have eaten their eggs six times now....

I'd say you have better than 'fair to middlin chances of success if they were that far along on their first run!'

btw, are you coming to the Feb 8 CAS meeting?

That's too bad Jay. For the first spawn though, sounds like they did great. I have a pair of Blacks that have eaten their eggs six times now....

I'd say you have better than 'fair to middlin chances of success if they were that far along on their first run!'

btw, are you coming to the Feb 8 CAS meeting?

I am stuck at work so I won't be there, lately I work 9 days on 5 off, so Tuesdays I always work. This work thing sure is getting in the way of my life.....I am in calgary from time to time, I will let you know.

Also Angel Al gave me some good advice to help curb egg eating. Place a betta next to the tank, (or even behind a divider maybe) this will divert their attention away from the eggs towards defending the eggs. Pretty good idea. Give it a try.

Thanks. All my tanks are stacked beside each other, so they have plenty of dither fish to distract. personally I think they are just stupid.

The female randomly died too. I have never seen such a healthy looking fish just fall over dead. Even when I 'buried (read flushed) her I was thinking 'omg. other than being dead, that is a perfect angel" She made a beautiful corpse...

Wasn't aggression, no signs of bloating/puffing/nothing. not a mark on her. Beautiful coloration... again, other than being dead. The male, perfectly healthy....

I've got a "blue" pair that I'm going to separate and see if I get any babies. Considering all the fish I try to breed, don't(ie bettas) we'll see how it goes......