3 Tier 180 Gallon Steel Rack System

hustler

I just finished the paint on my steel rack and thought i would post it for feedback.

Its made of 1 1/2" square tubing and comes in 2 parts (so i can get it down the stairs) Base and top tier with legs that slide in like pins to prevent warping.

It will fit a 90 gallon sump in the bottom and 2 180 gallon tanks. This is my first run so I pray it wolds and works the way i designed it.....

It is solid.... but it hasn't had the full tank weight test yet.....

I would have taken side pics but I have posters all over my garadge and this was the best i could do not to show any of those.....

063.jpg

065.jpg

Any comments or concerns more than welcome :)

She is going in the basement on concrete :) there is no other way

the car is a 72 nova with a 454.... and yet another money pit hobby :)

maybe this is a dumb question.... but would the concrete slab even support that?

its gonna weight more than a car on a foot print thats half the size of the car.

all that weight is going to be extremely concentrated...... i'd try the full set up in the garage first

concrete in a basement is a minimum of 14" thick and it supports teleposts that Hold way more weight in a way more concentrated area with no problems so Im sure this will be fine. heres praying anyways lol I know my shop pad is 12" in the center and 16" on the sides as I helped pour it.

Seems to be fine with my 300 gallon and 140G sump under it and thats only 2 feet longer....

I'm not sure you have 14" of concrete in your basement; when they poured mine, there might have been 6" with rebar. It shouldn't be a problem anyways, I believe most concrete is 20 MPa (~3,000 psi) compressive strength. Now if you had the entire weight on 1 square inch, you would have a problem.

Great rack BTW, I need something like that but to hold 40 gallon breeder tanks.

Edited by Ron

I would be hesitant to put 3 180g tanks on one stand just because it doesn't seem right. Although previously being a welder i have no doubt that the stand will hold up. Definetly want some pictures when its all loaded up. Any more pics of the nova?

concrete will hold it for sure, the car only touches the concrete in four small areas. Ive seen concrete smash before and it took a fully loaded end dump to do it. And thats a 8 inch driveway.

aHAHA i wanna see the wall as well. Damn i gotta get over there and check this garage out.

Edited by JLake

Well I got the tanks all downstairs now, just gotta drill em and start the plumbing....

nautilus :) It took everything not to get any "wall paper" in any pics lol they are all over the roof now too... almost out of white now lol.