Yellow lab

FishBrain

This is a very cool thing that I have noticed overnight.

I had a yellow and baenschi holding, so I moved them into a little 10G to spit.

Well the baenschi spit, so after a few hours and watching her eat I moved her back into "home". Well this morning I noticed that the yellows mouth was REALLY stuffed and after further inspection I noticed that she was scooping up all of the baenschi babies!!

I managed to find one yellw swimming around so that may be why she started scooping the others.

So far I can count 5 baenschis and 1 yellow that manage to be evading her.

Never saw this before so I thought I would share with you all

Thanks

:ml:

Very interesting; glad to hear it. I put 2 holding Aul. cobues together a long time ago, and after the 2nd one spit, she decided to go ahead and snack on little newly released cobues. Not sure whose she devoured - guess it really doesn't matter at this point anyway <_< - but numbers were decimated. Sounds like that may have been a freak occurence, since I've been seeing quite a few threads on moms caring for other fry along with their own broods. One of these days I may get brave enough (or desperate enough?) to try it again.

She has now spit and I cant count the amount of babies yet.

They are hiding all over the place so I have to wait till they are swimming around a little more. Lots tho.

She (yellow) had 17 last time which was the first for me, so I am really curious for the number this time.

• 1 month later...

I had a female rostratus that slurped up my taiwon reef and heterodon babies as well as her own and there's probably close to a hundred of them in my fry tank right now.