Chat Room

There's a thread for MSN handles, and people can also add their IDs in their profile. Also, there's a group on Facebook. Lots of places to chat

Sure J I could log on to MSN but then I gotta talk ta people I'm trying to ignore ! My mom ! My brother ! Some strange girl who wants to stalk me ! Ya know ! Lol just saying that when ya come on the site it would be cool to be able ta say " hi " to everyone who is also logged in and from there just chat it up

Blake

And, I'm sayin the Mods/Admin don't really want another thing to keep track of. That's why we made those other options available.

I also believe and correct me if I'm wrong, there is a very large price difference between this version of software and the next step up that offers chat. Plus then a mod has to stay on, babysitting, needing to deal with things like my sudden onset terrets syndrome outbursts, sounds like allot of work for people that donate their time to this site. I get things done I need to get done at this speed just fine. All I need is a chat page running in the background while at work. The nature of my work and business makes me unproductive enough, nevermind what live fish chat could do to it.

I know it's shocking, but some of us actually get together in person now and then.

watchoo talkin' 'bout Willis? :smokey:

I'm with you on this Jayba. I goof off too much already just reading posts and PMs....

For those interested in fishy chat though, I believe Bcaquaria has a chat section. Could always head over there for some 'hot fish chat'. Not sure that they have all hours chat though, as was stated its a hella big work load for the mods.

peace.

Here is an easy way to set up a chat room. Create a place on Skype, place an ad here for people interested in joining a chat room about fish to contact you and request an invite and presto, you now have a chat room created which will grow I am certain.

A shout box works alot better that a chat room....a shout box posts will always stay there for everyone to see and everyone to contribute whenever. a chat room unless 2 or more people are actually in there at once you usually just talk to yourself for no one to ever see

Rather then having 10 different pm messages

Okay, I'll be the selfish staff member here....

Last thing I need in MY inbox is 10 different messages complaining about so and so saying something ignorant or rude in a chat room, and having to moderate that as well.

Basically, having a chat room would not double our workload right now....it would actually increase it much more than that.

Why? Because it would need to be moderated all the time, especially after the complaints I saw when I returned to the staff here a few months back.