Shrimp & Pygmy Corydoras

Caprichoso

My cories LOVE brine shrimp pellets so probably not a good idea for the shrimp. But the cories might love it :drool:

If your tank is 10+ gal, and lots of plants or large areas of moss, your shrimp should be able to out produce the predation. Feed your fish a couple times per day, and they shouldn't be too hungry throughout the rest of the day.

As you can see by the replies, the answer is Yes. Your shrimp will get eaten. Definetely add a little cocktail sauce to spice things up for the corys! :smokey: Beyond a certain size (that being it won't fit in their mouth) the shrimp will be fine, but all young ones that fit in their mouth will be considered lunch.

baby shrimp are very tiny.

So you guys have had your shrimp eaten by pygmies? The reason I'm asking is because I did some research prior to posting this topic and of coarse there's conflicting info on whether or not they eat shrimp. I just hoped to hear from someone on the forum who's experienced it first hand.