Frontosa Takes A Jump

punman

Has this ever happened to anybody?

I was in the room at work where I have my 6 foot frontosa tank. I heard a thump and looked over and there was a 9 inch frontosa on the shelf by the tank. It must have soared upward and hit the 4 inch by 24 inch glass (not plastic) hinged top, escaped, and then the top came back down.

I quickly grabbed a net and put her back in the tank, no worse for wear. I have had small fish escape out of slits in the back of the tank, but never in this fashion.

Iv had all kinds of fish do that . The worst was my clown knife ! Even with a phonebook on the glass lid he would bolt up and snake it ! Some days I'd come home and the book would be near the edge so I knew he was working at it ! The funniest was a rope fish ! Got out and scared the the crap out of my girl due to it's snake like movements on the floor . Fish are awesome ! Not the brightest ! But still awesome

Blake

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Pleco named Flash (for good reason) did that once and landed on the floor. Was a bugger to catch and put back in. Oscar used to do it all the time, tried to jump out every time I fed him. I have a couple of weights on top of the tank.

• 3 years later...

This happened to me today! :cry:

When I woke up, one of my biggest Frontosa (4.5") is at the top corner of the tank. The tank is covered but somehow it was able to jump out thru the opening where the filter hose is. I was mourning the whole day. :(:(

Anybody knows why?