Tribute to NLS

HOSStile

Harold - even with the crappy quality of that photo, that does appear to be an impressive looking male for being only 2". A lot of people seem to think that rasing fry on formulas designed as adult 'maintenance' diets is good enough, but myself & others (yourself included now) know first hand there is a huge differnce in both growth & color when using a quality growth formula such as NLS Grow.

Did you supplement with anything else, or were these fish raised on 100% NLS Grow?

Once a week all my fish get bloodworms or shrimp but mostly just NLS. Its funny to watch this guy all charged up chasing all the other fish in the tank at this size. There are 2 other sub males in the tank showing a lot more red than previous batches. I am trying to get a good picture of one of Dwaynes yellow labs that I got. he is about 1 3/4 " long and is truly spectacular. One thing to me which is really ironic, is that I only have one fish out of the couple hundred I have, that absolutley will not eat NLS. That one fish is my 6" male Nyerei, father of the one in the pictures. I tried 3 different sizes and it can literally roll down his nose and he will not eat it. I have to feed him good old fashioned messy flake.

Ok, thanks for the info, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

I've seen pics of Dwayne's labs, and they are indeed very nice looking fish. I've always wondered if they come from the same line as my tank bred labs? Funny about your adult male being so fussy, I'd starve the bugger until he converted. :wacko:

I included another crappy picture to show scale. Probably everyone can recognize the cheap Wahlmart castle. And no, I did not buy it it was with some equipment I bought. I guess the reason I am writing this is that using NLS gives results that when you sit down and really look at your fish, you will find yourself saying "well look at you" when you suddenly see a fish showing off like my little nyerei. Those that know them know that as a juvey they will not win any beauty contests.

Oh and lol the fish in front of the castle is not dead. :D

Edited by HOSStile

• 3 weeks later...

I just had to post this pic of my one and only surviving blue ram.

I must explain I cannot keep these guys for what ever reason I do what the books and boards say to do and still I loose them.

This guy was close to snuffing it so I started to feed him the N.L.S. grow small pellets, just to, what I thought would be his last meal, I fully expected to find him floating just like all the rest of the German rams I had tried to keep before.

Well that was 3 months ago and take a look at the results; he is a healthy vibrant fish.

Sorry he was a little fast and I didn't center him but the color is spectacular.

Well I think it is. The only thing I can put this change to is the N.L.S.

I swear by this stuff it’s amazing.

Tom

Edit - [Harold I hope you don't mind me using your thread to show my ram I was trying to give more or less the same info on N.L.S, but maybe I should have started another thread. Sorry buddy.]

Tom.

post-23-1121304485

Edited by tc51

Oh heck no, that's why I called it a tribute to NLS so that people that have experienced measurable differences based on what they were feeding their fish can post, and Neil, my male Nyerei still insists on being the lone hold out. Tom if anyone should be able to keep fish healthy it should be you. Not trying to make a commercial for NLS but seeing is believing. :)

Hi Tom,

Are you keeping the rams in softer water. The water in Calgary is just too hard for those guys the thrive in. Gold's had a really nice batch of captive Calgary bred and raised ones that were suppose to have been a little more tolerant of the water here.

Oh, by the way..... Great looking fish you all!!!!!