Pond Safety Cover!

Knowzilla

Well I want to build a pond next year, but my wife is afraid of some adult or kid falling into it. Has anyone heard of or seen some kind of net or other barrier that go's over the pond. The pond will be 8'x8' and 4' deep.

Start digging and when she asks... what you are digging a hole in the yard for.. Look to her and say "Honey, This hole can be used for two things now you can let me dig this pond, or I can dig this hole 6 feet, and dig the pond around it. Your choice."

orrrr......... possible put a rock barrier + railing

The reason she is worried is that the pond is going into the front yard, as my dog will go swimming in it and my kids will try too, if it gos in the back.

Edited by Knowzilla

Better check your local bylaws, usually anything over 2 feet deep needs a locking fence 6 feet high around the pond. Towns generally frown upon fences over 3 feet high in front yards, put the pond in the back and you can build anything you want.

Why do you need something so deep for the front yard? If you want to over-winter fish in there, I've had several ponds with fish in them all year round that are only 2' deep, and at 2', you don't need to worry about a fence. Anything over 2' is classified as a pool and needs to follow the regulations (ie 6' locking fence).

• 2 months later...