What can I expect to pay?

cerebus

I'm going to be picking up a new 90 or 100 gallon tank soon. I already have the stand (48" long by 18" wide) so all I really need is the tank itself and either glass tops if I use my existing setup, or possibly a full canopy. Any ideas what kind of price tag I'll be looking at (in the Edmonton area)? Thanks.

I bought a new Hagen 90 gallon tank about 6 months ago.

I paid in total for the stand + canopy + Tank $1000 ( it was a nice wood stand though)

I got a 90 gallon All-Glass tank priced out before i bought the Hagen and a non-drilled one was $330, and a drilled was $360.

This was 6 months ago...

you may want to call around as i did.

Definetly give big al's a call here in edm... they'll give you a price!

good luck!

hope this helps!

nev

Edit to say... keep an eye out on the buy sell trade forum... some good deals go though there! I wish i would have found this web site before I bought my tank.

Edited by nevchewy

Sun... Val is right! I forgot about aqua giant. They are still new but, they are looking pretty good, as their tank prices are pretty good too!

If you have never been there... once you see the seemless tanks... you'll fall for them! they are very cool! and their prices are reasonable.

They are just on the west end on 170th st, just before the brick if you are coming off of yellowhead.

This post was started by Darren.

http://s6.invisionfree.com/AlbertaAquatica...?showtopic=3010

My only concern is the space that you mentioned on another forum as to how much room you'd have for the tank.

you may want to ask Darren the dimensions.

nev

All in one replies here...

I got a 90 gallon All-Glass tank priced out before i bought the Hagen and a non-drilled one was $330, and a drilled was $360.

Does that include a glass top? I'm looking to replace a pair of 20 gallon tanks, and I'm hoping the light fixtures from those could go on a glass top and be sufficient to light a 90.

You might want to contact AquaGiant, they have some great prices on their setups.

I've been to Aquagiant, and while I like the seemless look I'm just not sold on their filtration systems. I'll certainly have another peek there when I'm looking to buy (probably in late July), but I'll need convincing before going that route.

My only concern is the space that you mentioned on another forum as to how much room you'd have for the tank.

:well: I haven't posted about this elsewhere. My only limitation is that whatever I buy has to fit on my 48" x 18" stand. I bought it at Big Als and it was designed for one of their 90 gallons, but currently houses a pair of 20's side by side. It's a neat look, but the occupants are outgrowing the tanks.

Do you need a new tank or would a second hand newly reconditioned with a drilled hole on the back be of interest to you. (Hole can be covered if necassary.

I'd consider it, depending on price and what it includes. Feel free to PM me with details.

Thanks.

Steve

Does that include a glass top? I'm looking to replace a pair of 20 gallon tanks, and I'm hoping the light fixtures from those could go on a glass top and be sufficient to light a 90.

that was just the tank... nothing else.

I haven't posted about this elsewhere. My only limitation is that whatever I buy has to fit on my 48" x 18" stand. I bought it at Big Als and it was designed for one of their 90 gallons, but currently houses a pair of 20's side by side. It's a neat look, but the occupants are outgrowing the tanks.

My bad... I just meant to say that you'll have to watch your messurments as i do believe my tank is 48" long but wider than 18". I'm not sure the exact messurement though.

And with the prices mentioned from gold's... and even with the price of gas... it may be worth the road trip.

good luck with it all!

nev