120G.Malawi.Tank stocklist

sun

It sounds to me like you have some decisons to make.

You are SO right here! Ive got my head blowing out now... :boom:

I better be picky in the first place this time. It hurts when I have to give up some down the road, so I rather to have something that will work in a long run...

Thanks for helping me out Mr. lab :flex:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I"ve never had any problems with the mbuna( in my case lab perlmutts, yellow labs, acei, rusties) ever bothering the haps. They never paid much attention to eachother and stuck mostly to their own species. Never had any hap/mbuna aggression(or even any chasing). They ignored eachother and stuck to their own.

This is very encouraging dunl... :rofl:

So do you think I can get away with a trio of Dimidiochromis Compressiceps and a trio of Aul. Jacobfriebergi Eureka PLUS some reasonable behaved Mbunas?

I am all ears... -07-

In only a 4' tank, you'd be best to leave out the D. comp's. They get large (I've seen males at 9"), and IME are too large for only a 4' tank. Being somewhat of a roamer as well (rather than tied to rocks like mbuna), extra length with these fish is always a bonus.

Probably best to treat your tank as if it were a 90 rather than a 120 b/c of the short 4' length. IMO, increasing the lenght to 6' gives WAY more options than increasing the depth/width of a 4' tank.

Probably best to treat your tank as if it were a 90 rather than a 120 b/c of the short 4' length.

Exactly. 120 gallons seems like a large volume of water, but at 48" long there's a world of difference between this tank, and a standard 125 gallon.

Do you have the tank yet? If not, I MIGHT have one avail. you may be interested in. Just waiting to find out if it is sold or not. (comes with stand, and I will post pics. if it is avail.

Thanks B)

Thanks Rob. I have yet to make another decision on the tank besides my stocking headache. :(

Seems length is the problem now since there is only space for a 4 footer (5 ft space on each side the fire place, so a 5 footer might be too tight) Any suggestions and information on that are absolutely welcomed! :rolleyes:

Please do send a pic, thanks. :)

In only a 4' tank, you'd be best to leave out the D. comp's. They get large (I've seen males at 9"), and IME are too large for only a 4' tank. Being somewhat of a roamer as well (rather than tied to rocks like mbuna), extra length with these fish is always a bonus.

Okey then, this might offically terminate one of my drem fish D. Comps. :boxed:

The reason why I like them is b/c they have a totally different bodyshap than Peacocks and Mbunas, hence make a good contrast. Some says "fish keeping is just a matter of doing contrast, and let the fishes do the coloring". :blush:

Will dig around and post for expert approving again :baby: