40 Gallon Tanks

Evolution

Yes, this is my AA journal and I'm going to journal what I do with them. It'll help me to follow my own progress and maybe get input from others. :)

Wow, that's impressive... and going be be a lot of work. What are your plans? Some sort of rack I assume?

I'm going to make a U cove using 12 of them to start. Two wide in the middle and three high and then three stacked ontop of each other on the sides facing each other. My biggest problem is filtration. I want the tanks individually filtered, but I do not want to use any kind of power filter. I use only sand on the bottom of my tanks and I'm trying to figure out an air driven filtration system that is not a box filter or a sponge filter. The ideal thing would be an under the sand filtration unit driven by an air pump.

Have you thought of setting up an Hamburg Mat Filter in your tanks?

You can run them off air, too. Just like UGFs are run by either powerhead or air.

If you want something like UGF, look up DIY UGFs.

With air, I'm not sure. Check at MonsterFishKeepers - they have about the most divers DIY section I've seen. Maybe someone's figured out a way to do it DIY. If your sand is coarse enough you could make a DIY UGF out of PVC.

Where is everyone? 5+ years ago there would have been 10 people involved in this conversation already!

What happened to this website? Even the facebook page is shut down!

Two days ago I mentioned that there was a freshwater question in the saltwater section and it has been there for 5 months and still it hasn't been moved!

Is the Alberta aquarium hobby all but dead or is it this website that is all but dead?

I just got back from vacation in Vancouver so I haven't Been able to use a computer in a week and a half.That's my excuse.

I don't know what to say about the Facebook thing,because I don't have a Facebook account,to check that stuff out.

But I have noticed a lot less activity on this site in the past couple months.

This is the only forum I use daily, if someone can't help me here I goto bcaquaria or another one I was told of.

I think life is complicated enough without having to check 5 different forums all the time.

Anyways enough about me.

I'm interested in what your Doing with these 40 gallons, you should post pictures all along the way, I'm interested in how your going to build the multiple level stands all around.

And what kind of system you will have setup(filtration,waterchanges,lighting,ect)

I just got back from vacation in Vancouver so I haven't Been able to use a computer in a week and a half.That's my excuse.

I don't know what to say about the Facebook thing,because I don't have a Facebook account,to check that stuff out.

But I have noticed a lot less activity on this site in the past couple months.

This is the only forum I use daily, if someone can't help me here I goto bcaquaria or another one I was told of.

I think life is complicated enough without having to check 5 different forums all the time.

Anyways enough about me.

I'm interested in what your Doing with these 40 gallons, you should post pictures all along the way, I'm interested in how your going to build the multiple level stands all around.

And what kind of system you will have setup(filtration,waterchanges,lighting,ect)

If i'm not banned very shortly here, then for sure I'll post picture and I'll start it all tomorrow by showing how I repair the tanks that were cracked and I removed the overflow boxes and how I plugged the drilled holes.