My Rcs

Ron

• 3 weeks later...

This may seem like a really ridiculous question, but did you buy standard RCS and then selectively breed them for the deep colors or did you purchase them that way? Thanks.

I bought each group the way they are. I need to keep culling to keep the consistency of the PFRs and Sakuras.

looking good Ron! i like those painted shrimp! jealous!

Amy

Thanks Amy. Once my group gets big enough, I'll send some females your way if you want to add them to your group.

Ron

Awesome Thanks Ron! :) ill have to set up my cube for them :)

Amy

Do you already have a cube? My wholesaler now carries the 18" Mr. Aqua Low Iron cube if you're interested. If you are shopping for a nano, I would check out the Eheim Aquastyles. The glass is a little thicker and the edges are more polished than the Fluval Ebi/Flora tanks. Filter is pretty solid and the LED light is awesome. I am a little biased but I think Eheim gear is the best.

Ron

im also biased. Eheim is the best! i have a cube already. i have a glass guy who cuts my tanks for me and then kyle builds them for me LOL i think i want different substrate in this tank tho.. even the black flourite is so awesome. lol. i need more wood i think for this tank. all i havve is rocks in my 15 gallon.

i would like a row of 3 cubes and have different shrimps in all of them. we will see what sants brings me for christmas. :)

i like the look of the stratum but i would probably cap it with a smaller grain of substrate. knowing my planting skills they would all float right up with the stratum. heh heh. it built and now i gotta get some acrylic tubes built for it. i think ill go with a spray bar. i love shrimp proof intakes :).

Amy

I've heard of a couple of problems with Fluval Stratum's longevity; I have the Shrimp Stratum in a couple tanks (first 2 pics) but won't use it again. If you do go with the Shrimp Stratum, use a 3" layer and planting shouldn't be a problem. This reminded me I have a 4kg bag to sell wink.gifwink.gif.

Ron

Edited by Ron

I am currently using the Fluval shrimp stratum in my Edge sump and it works pretty good for what I need. What kind of life have people been getting with it? I have planted and replanted a bit in it and I would agree it seems to be extremely soft and breaks apart pretty easily.

I'll PM you.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...