20 Year Old Hobbyist!

wmcinnes

Hello Alberta Aquatica!

My name is Wayne, I am 20 years old and am fairly new to the hobby.

About a year ago I bought my first aquarium, a 55 gallon, which now houses a lone male Tiger Oscar and a beautiful Sailfin Pleco.

Reading articles online and growing more fond of the hobby, I came across DIY backgrounds and decided I needed to try it out! Great excuse to purchase a new tank right?

I decided to move the 55 into my bedroom to make room for the new 125 gallon 6 foot tank in the basement. The next month or so I worked my butt off to create a DIY background and it as turned out amazing.

Currently I am about 10 days into the fishless cycle and making good progress. Once im finished I have decided to go with a Rift Lake habitat and house Lake Tanganyika Cichlids.

I cannot wait to get fish in the tank and am glad to know there is a society of fish geeks like me in Alberta! :smokey:

Yes it is a styrofoam DIY background. I researched a ton of websites and success/failure stories online and took a stab at it myself.

I will get some pictures up soon! Internet has been down at home for over a month now and the only time I get a chance to come on here is at work!

I will do my best!