hey hey hey

neely

came across this link in another forum. Im a newb to this whole fish thing and i thought it would be cool to hang in a local forum. I am totally obsessed with this hobby so far, every day i stare at my aquarium and wonder what can i do to it to make it better. I am originally a west coaster and i have been in calgary for 3 years... awesome people and city, but the weather sucks. hello all....

Welcome aboard neely:

What size is your tank?

Hang around here long enough and you will find a lot of ''better'' things to add. :D

Nice thing about a 'local' forum: similar water, fish availablity, best shops to go to, who is doing what and where :rolleyes:

and if a problem does surface, locals can help :D

the plan is to get some african cichlids in there once the tank is established.

So there is still time to convert you to real cichlids??

Sorry I am neotropical freak... ;)

Neely; nice to meet another hands-on hobbiest. Buit your own stand for a 90 gallon :o .

Don't let Rudy rattle your cage,[aah tank!!] :lol::lol:

African's are some of the most colourful /interesting /challenging species around :P and affordable <_< .

WOW - ""two do-it-selfer's '''.

I am impressed by those that build their own stuff :wub::wub:

My theroy is > If some one else has built it >< I can take it apart "" :lol::D:lol::D .

I am going to have to get busy and get you member's to do some posting in the DIY section.

I enjoy seeing others ideas, accomplishmenst.

yeah- the stand wasnt "on budget" lets say.

Im surprised with all the activity on this board- seems like a good forum- i will post a link to my photo album on my tank stand in the DIY section. Thinking about heading to golds tomorrow buy my first couple cichlids- got a 10 gallon now to move all my starter fish into for the time being...