Loaches - Dojo/weather And Kuhli

Iceturf

The gertrudae are that cool - I have a few myself. :)

Haha, if Jason has some, I know they must be cool.

And I got mine by accident! :thumbs:

The gertrudae are that cool - I have a few myself. :)

Haha, if Jason has some, I know they must be cool.

And I got mine by accident! :thumbs:

How did that happen?

I picked up some moss from Blake and they hatched out! Now I have an adult male and 3 females :thumbs:

On that note, how are these guys compared to endlers? Are they similar care? I'm considering getting a trio but I don't want to buy them and kill em if their particularly sensitive, etc.

Edited by Iceturf

Mine grew from hatched to about 1" in a toad tank with filtration that only ran when the lights were on - I didn't feed them anything, they just ate the critters in the moss, I guess. Now they're in a tank of their own and get fed the same as Endler's. :) Easy-peasy!

oh, and they are definately particular to propellers... I found that the best way to keep them out of your filters, etc was to cap off any intake valves with sponges as they like to play in the water flow and then WOOSH! up the intake and its not a pretty place to be... but strangely, about a 75% survival rate from getting spun in there... but they swim funny for a bit LOL kuhlis are especially naughty that way...

:rofl: The kuhli loach ride through a filter kinda reminds me of the ice cave scene in Ice-Age.

One jvision has, once again, imparted the wisdom of putting a sponge over the AC intake... to make room for scrubbies in the AC media box.

Side effects include: reduced kuhli mortality rates and reducing comic relief for the hobbyist. There's always a decision to make (sigh).