Help Predict This Cross?

Sierra

Black Copper x Mustard Gas

Mustard gas - possibly not a mustard gas that breeds true and then in the creators opinion not a mustard gas at all.

However does look exactly like a true original mustard gas...

Greenish body, yellow/white/black "layered" Tail.

I'm having difficulty figuring out what their babies may look like, but for some reason I think It would be interesting to do.

I don't like red, but there is a chance the MG if untrue will give red. I just might have to see...

Anyone got an opinion / can educate me better / know something I should??

It's been a long time since I studied Betta genetics, but I wouldn't expect any red from a Green x Black. I'd expect mostly colors of dark blue and green.

(null)

What I've read the true MG carries the non red gene, however untrue MG (but appear as similar or even true) produce mixed reds in the F1 generation. I think...that would only be with a fish that carried any red gene...black doesn't..

Otherwise the only way I understand it, is...

the "green like" body is not created by green genes.

Does anyone remember highschool biology ?? I think the Punet Square would be able to predict the outcome with a high degree of accuracy. Hey if it can work for hair and eye colour as well as sex in human reproduction it should be able to predict colour in Siamese Fighting Fish ???

Yes your copper Mko. Mine now muahahaha. I would like to breed him to the black halfmoon female but she needs a break and this cross came up and it interests me. What do you think?

@ Fishnerd

Yes most of their genes can be broken down to Punet square (god I haven't seen that name in a long time). It's a little more complicated than that though with bettas. The easy way to think about it is they have "layers".

LOL yeah they do have layers dont they. I didnt mean to over simplify. however there must be a way, perhaps some sort of algorithym maybe. i wonder if there would be someone at the UofA to speak to like a professor or something like that. Cuz now I'm curious, so if you figure it out please share..

best of luck