Advice On Moving 16 Inch Red Arowana

PistolPete

Does anyone have any advice on moving my diablo red aro? I am moving him only about 15 mins away. But i have a 180 and stand that has to go too. I was thinking of putting him in a 4 foot tupperware with his filter and some oxygen. Than just move the tank to the new house and set it up. Than move him back to his tank. Im scared he will freak out the whol etime and damage his barbels or something. How should i catch him? Pillowcase? Hes gonna be pissed. Im a lil freaked out. Does aquagiant still rent the suction cups?

i would just put catch him in the rubbermaid in the aquarium lift him out. slap a filter and a air bubbler and a screen top to keep him from jumping. maybe a heater if he is out of the tank for more than a couple hrs. When we moved it took us 2 days to move the tanks so we just moved the fish over and they lived in rubber maids until we had the tanks setup. just water changes daily worked for us.

good luck with the move.

Amy

A 4' Tupperware/Rubbermaid with a bag buddy or 2 should be good for transport. Wrapping it in a garbage bag might help keep him calm as well. If you have lots of bag buddies, drop the level in your tank to about the Sam height as your arrow, then toss I. A few BBs to calm him down then it might be easy enough to grab him (pillowcase is a good idea) Then put him to your transport container.

(null)

Justin:

Good advise from everyone. When I move any fish and especially larger ones in rubbermaids I always put plastic plants in the tub as well. This accomplishes 2 things - keeps the water from sloshing around so much and gives the fish some comfort as they have something to hide under.

If you need a few bag buddies send me your address and I'll mail them to you.