Moss Wall Backbone?

creekbottom

I would like to make a moss wall in my tank but I can't find anything that I think is suitable for it. I picked up some burlap at Canadian Tire because it had the hole size that I thought was suitable. When I got it home I realized that it's an organic fiber and will most likely fall apart in the tank. I hope I can return it!

What about that non slip carpet stuff you can get at hardware stores? It has a good hole size and is pretty flexible. I've read about using screen but those holes are so small!

What should I use?

what about plastic canvas? usually found at a crafting store...;.. just a thought, possibly the flourescent light crating it may come in different sizes, and is ridgid.

Edited by rompergoddess

I use plastic grates for fluorescent lighting, bought at Rona or Home Depot, in the lighting section. It is very strong and fairly easy to cut to size. The extra you can use as tank dividers when cichlids go bad lol.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I went to Rona looking for something and came out with exactly what I wanted. I found this roll of black plastic mesh that fits over the gutters on your house. Has the hole size I wanted, is exactly as wide as I was looking for cause I'm not looking to completely cover the wall, and it was cheap!