Food For Geophagus Proximus?

FISHLIPS

I have yet to see a fish that doesn't eat NLS Thera+A - I think it's the extra garlic. Soaking food you have on hand in garlic might help.

Again not knowing much about cichlids but through some chatting with a few different fish lovers,while I was buying a new german ram as my blue girl passed, it was suggested to try a gelatine containing a mixture of dried fish food, puréed shellfish, fresh fruit and vegetables to help a finicky eater get all the nutrients, cut into bite-sized bits, and instead of a single feeding, try some smaller portions 2-4 times a day, I had asked in case my little dwarf might be picky at first and this was suggested for him so maybe help with one of the bigger guys.

Again not knowing much about cichlids but through some chatting with a few different fish lovers,while I was buying a new german ram as my blue girl passed, it was suggested to try a gelatine containing a mixture of dried fish food, puréed shellfish, fresh fruit and vegetables to help a finicky eater get all the nutrients, cut into bite-sized bits, and instead of a single feeding, try some smaller portions 2-4 times a day, I had asked in case my little dwarf might be picky at first and this was suggested for him so maybe help with one of the bigger guys.

i've tried several veggies cucumber slightly boiled,peas,spinach and about 3-4 different pellets but they won't eat anything but blood worms or frozen shrimp.I'm concerned they are noy getting proper nutrition

You could also try the new Repashy Food - it's a gel-based food. There was a discussion recently about it. All of my fish LOVE it.

i've tried several veggies cucumber slightly boiled,peas,spinach and about 3-4 different pellets but they won't eat anything but blood worms or frozen shrimp.I'm concerned they are noy getting proper nutrition

,i'm going into Edm. this morning

where can i buy it

I don't know any retailer as of yet - aparently there is a distributer in Bruderheim (I think there was a link to his Kijiji ad on the discussion on AA - I can't remember which forum it was). Or, try CanadaPleco.com

See my post in your other thread. IMO switching fish that are already being picky, to a gel food, is going to be a huge step in reverse, and a costly one at that. Especially fish that can max out at 8-10". As long as you keep feeding them foods that they "love", your fish will continue to train you.

If you want to get them on to pellets you need to use a little tough lough.